2/7/10

the higher they fly, the harder they fall


i know last post was all happy-happy-joy-joy, and i wish i could be like that all the time, but it's kind of a tradition with me that a really good day has to be followed by a crappy one. (i'll blame my bipolar gemini personality for this.)

so basically, i'm bored out of my freaking mind. i've been trapped inside for the past three days (thanks mother nature), and i can't take it anymore. there are things i should be doing, but can't bring myself to, and i can't seem to remember everything that seemed so important before... and sorry for the huge burst of negativity. i'm just going a little very stir-crazy here. trapped. in. my. house. ok, we need a topic change...

how about rainbow hair? sounds good to me. 

dear tavi, you drive me craaazy sometimes. why? because of this. and arabelle. really, guys. teaming up on the rest of us like that? not fair. and then there was chanel, selina, olivia, and of course, gala, queen of unnaturally colored hair.
at first i thought pastel hair was cool, but, you know, not for me. then i started seeing rainbow hair everywhere. and i mean everywhere. (i think flickr is the guilty party here.) and then i started thinking... (of course, that's when all the trouble started. ;)) what about just a few strands? not the whole head, and therefore no roots to touch up, either. and easily hideable, in case the need arises... much more reasonable, no? soo... i think i'm ready to jump on this runaway train. ;) now i just have to determine exactly how dead i'd be if i actually dyed my hair blue...

ok. one decadent breakfast, 2 best friends (who are good at talking me off the edge), and a few hours of a little bit of flickr browsing later, i feel so much better. less like the world is trying to suffocate me. <3 i hope all of you who are wishing for snow right now know what you're getting into! haha.
xoxo

33 comments:

Leah said...

this happened to me last weekend, i was stuck inside due to snow for four days. anything is better than school, though :)
xx

Fashion Court said...

ohh i feel you about the stir crazy thing. we didn't get much snow in nj where i live (the other half of the state did though) but it is like too cold to even go out and do anything -_- i'm so uninspired haha

Rosie Unknown said...

Go for it! You only live once after all.

And I feel your pain on the snow, although I don't think I would mind all that much being stuck at home for a few days.

Lady Gabrielle. said...

I'm gemini too and exactly the same, i am very, very bad at saying i am bored but have a million things i should be doing, but boring stuff that i would rather not be doing. I really liked the hair in the first pic, very cool!
x

Cheyne said...

I just thought I'd let you know that your blog is wonderful! :D


Cheyne.

Diary of a Young Designer said...

I've been wanting some purple highlights but just a couple of strands. lol. =)

Hope you get out of the house soon!

xo
Sophie

Hannah said...

i've had hair every colour of the rainbow before and now i'm starting to miss it more than ever! i think it's time to experiment with the purple shampoo...

LAUREN STRATTON said...

i love the photos--but not for me. my hair's too dark :(

once i put purple in my hair in high school. pretty sure my parents wanted to kill me.

Ilanka Verhoeven said...

Gorgeous photos
x, fashionnerdic

Alice said...

I don't mind colured hair - mine is strawberry blonde but I am not very fond of grey, pastel and the likes. Why would one want grey hair? especially when they are 14, like Tavi!

ScribbleBabbles said...

don't forget to include the latest Abbey's editorial in Vogue Australia. She got amazing hair there too. :D

Cafe Fashionista said...

It's amazing how, when given the opportunity to accomplish so much via being stuck inside, we end up accomplishing nothing. It's as if being stir crazy sucks all the life out of us and leaves us lying about like listless lumps!

Loving this post. I think I want cotton candy colored hair now myself - very Marie Antoinette!! :)

Jess said...

I really like pastel hair but I don't think I could pull it off with my dark hair - maybe with extensions?

Anonymous said...

loving pastel hair too!
if tavi and belle can rock it, why dont we all try!

SophieGrace said...

I would love to die my hair a pretty pastle colour but it wouldnt suit me.

Vicki said...

fabulous post my dear, how bout we team up against tavi lol.. u and me get streaks of colour!! i got bright orange streaks thru my red hair once but they fade so quickly..
magpie-girl.blogspot.com xo

em.me.ma said...

haha it's okay; AMAZING DAYS usualy follow crappy days . that's how it goes for me haha. <3 feel better

♡ www.yellowscarff.blogspot.com

Fashion Cappuccino said...

Ah!! Love that picture!! I've been wanting to do highlights for my hair or go blond! xoxoxoxo

Winnie said...

I love this trend too but couldn't possibly ever do that to my hair. It looks gorgeous on everybody else though!

Anonymous said...

Haha I've got the hankering for some crazy new hair too! But I really hate to deal with roots and constant upkeep so I've never gotten around to dying my hair nowadays :(

Audrey Allure said...

haha i love the hair :)
i've tried my hair with a little of blue before & i've been wanting to do it again but my coworkers would definitely look at me funny haha.

Shes Dressing Up said...

I'm starting to fall in love with all of this rainbow coloured hair I'm seeing at the moment too!

Lexy @ QUIRKY EXPLOSION said...

HAHA. So true. I always have a good day, then a bad one. I thinks it's because I mentally compare the next day with my good one, therefore it seems bad. (Does that even make sense?)

I'm growing to like colourful hair!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
quirkyexplosion.blogspot.com

Anna Jane said...

Aww don't worry I hate that trapped inside all day feeling too. Although I'm usually extremely naughty and end up going shopping! Not good.

I'm not a fan of crazy coloured hair, I have to admit! I don't like how it fades and ends up looking grey :/ I don't see anything wrong with it if it's just a streak or two though, go for it!

- Anna Jane xxx
(PixelatedBlonde.com)

Claire said...

amen to the gemini bipolar thing. <3 C

Mom Fashion World said...

aww...these are awesome editorials.
the hairdo is incredible.

p.s those dogs aren't mine. there was this kind dogwalker and let me borrow her dogs for a shoot.

Wendy said...

I am not daring enough to dye my hair but I admire those who pull it off so beautifully.

megara said...

darling blog. i like. its fun and i live in salt lake so i know what you're talking about when you say SNOW! best of luck...bake a cake? that's always fun.

freshbrownies.blogspot.com

E. said...

Hey cool blog!like the pics:) looking forward to ur next post!:)I gotta new one ha x

GraceFace said...

I can relate to being stir crazy, try being house-bound for 2 weeks because of snow and tonsilitis! :D Ahhhh, such pretty hair, want...

Sam Harvey said...

I am totally procrastinating. But what a great place to do it. On your blog. We can all relate to you being bored. I am happy with my direction for today. I love checking in! http://lara-serbin.blogspot.com/

S and O said...

wicked!!!!
love the pictures!!
xoxo
Olivia

ryder said...

i dint enjoy chanel that much this year. maybe cuz of the hairstyle. loved the dresses of course.