2/8/09

retro vs. vintage: what's the difference?

when i think of "vintage," i usually think of elegant, old clothing from decades ago.

when i think of "retro," i think of funky, brightly colored garb from decades ago.

what's the difference?

according to fashion in my eyes,

"a clothing item is considered vintage if it dates from 1920 to 1960. after that date, an item is considered to be retro, not vintage."

wow. ok... that actually makes sense to me.
so now i have a new question:
what's the difference between antique and used??

**stupid blogger won't let me use pictures right now, that's why this post doesn't have any. :( sorry. will try to fix that asap.**

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I would say antique: from the 1940s or older and used: preowned from any time. But I'm obviously not an expert!